To what extent is the candidate able to use only the information provided and draw correct conclusions based on this information. A high score implies a developed verbal reasoning ability.
General Intelligence Assessment (GIA)
GIA measures a person’s learning capacity. The speed with which a candidate acquires new skills and learns procedures is an indicator for the potential that person has to grow into a position and to develop.
In a score out of 100, the GIA report provides insight into how quickly and accurately someone absorbs, maintains and applies new information, competences or procedures in the field of:
- Number Speed and Accuracy
- Word Meaning
- Perception Speed
- Spatial Awareness
This part tests the candidate’s vocabulary. The extent to which the candidate is able to understand several words in a different context, as well as notice words of similar or opposite meaning, is investigated. This determines the extent to which someone is capable of functioning in a work environment where written or verbal instructions must be clearly understood.
Number Speed and Accuracy
This part of the test measures the candidate’s arithmetic skills and the extent to which he or she is able to handle numbers. It provides an indication of the ease with which a person is able to work with numerical concepts.
The ability to notice details. This part of the test indicates how quickly and accurately the candidate is able to notice inaccuracies in texts, figures and diagrams, as well as his or her ability to ignore irrelevant information and to perceive similarities or differences.
The GIA also contains the Comments for the interviewer and the GIA profile chart depicting the scores achieved.
The Spatial Awareness part of the test measures the ability to mentally visualise and process images and concepts, which is especially important for jobs where visualising things is essential for understanding orders. This part also includes the Comments for the interviewer and the GIA profile chart depicting the achieved scores.
Why a GIA assessment?
For each organisation, two aspects are essential:
- Firstly, it is important that line managers possess the ability to continually adapt to the constantly changing organisational climate.
- Secondly, the loyalty and commitment of successful employees must be guaranteed.
GIA shows which line managers possess the potential to bring about and handle changes. You gain greater insight into your employees’ abilities, so you can offer them suitable challenges in the right field.
In brief, it is a vital assessment tool for recruiting and managing talent.
GIA is an online assessment and the reports answer questions such as the ones below in relation to candidates or employees:
- Is the person alert and perceptive in his or her thinking?
- What is his or her development potential?
- To what extent is he or she able to adapt to changes?
- Is this person able to resolve problems?
- Does the person possess the level of thinking required in the position?
- Does he or she possess exceptional potential?
- Is the person someone who tackles problems?
- To what extent will he or she benefit from training or education?
- Is the person being challenged enough in his or her position?
- Is he or she able to cope with a job that poses a considerable mental challenge?
- Is the person able to bring about changes in the organisation?
Order the GIA
It is easy to order a GIA for one or more candidatesGIA.
Once you have placed your order, you will generally receive the questionnaire for your candidate by e-mail within an hour.
Feel free to call us if you need it sooner. Once your candidate has completed the assessment, we will send you your report in an e-mail by the next working day.